Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Stand Strong In Your Calling.

Growing up I lived with my mom and 2 older sisters. I looked at them and saw what they were pursuing in life, then I looked at myself. I had no passion, no ambition for my future. When people asked what I wanted to do I would always give a cliche answer, "Oh I don't know..but I want to make a difference." I put no thought into the words I was saying. I was just giving an answer. Little did I know, it was much more than that.
June 2007
October 2007
My life started a radical journey when I moved in with my aunt and uncle in May 2007. I had never been so immersed into the love of God. I had never been pushed like they pushed me. They pushed me to discover myself. To find who I was in Jesus. To identify myself with Him. Pretty soon, I began to speak out dreams and desires that were in my heart. I started to look at my life with meaning. With purpose. My life was changed the day that a group from Mexico came to visit my 10th grade spanish class. I went home saying, "I love mexicans!" My heart was opened to missions for the very first time. That summer I traveled to Guatemala for the very first time, and fell in love. My heart was hooked on that country. It was some type of connection that I had no control over. God was doing something in me. I continued to travel to Guatemala during the summers. Then, my senior year in high school had come. As graduation came closer the talk about future plans was rising. I considered college, but then God told me, "Do what I've called you to do, NOT what you think you need to do." Missions. I knew I was called to missions. So, I waited. Earnestly seeking God and His will. Throughout this time I was being persecuted for branching out and not doing the normal thing. I wasn't going to college, and almost everyone I ran into disagreed with it. Graduation was just around the corner, and I was talking on the phone with my dad about all the arrangements. Then, came the question..."So, do you know what you're doing after you graduate?" I answered, "Well dad, I know what I'm called to do and i'm waiting for God to open the right doors." My dad didn't take it as I had hoped. He continued to tell me that my life was going no where and how i'll regret this down the road. Well, did that hurt? Yes I'm human, of course it hurt. But, I had to follow the peace that God had given me. 
A lot of the time what God wants from us doesn't make sense to the world. In the natural, it seems impossible. People who aren't seeking God with their whole heart won't understand. And a lot of the time, the world will refute you and your ideas, your plans. But, we have to know who we are. Know who you are in Christ. That's what makes the difference. During all of this God continued to tell me one thing, "Be obedient. REGARDLESS what people will do or say." Be obedient to the voice of God. He's the one that will lead you home.
Proverbs 16:3, "Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment