Monday, August 9, 2010

"You're here because you have a PURPOSE."

Let's start our journey here. Last summer around this time my aunt, uncle, little cousin and I were living in a hotel, starting our new journey in Kansas City. Originally I didn't want to move. It was hard for me. I had to leave everything, my senior year of high school. Your senior year of high school is the most anticipated event of your teenage years. And there I was, moving across the country to an unknown land. It was a struggle for me; an inward battle. The enemy was trying to make me feel isolated, but my God wouldn't stand for that.
 I got the opportunity to attend a youth conference within the first few weeks of moving. While there God spoke so clearly to my heart. He said, "You're here because you have a purpose." Suddenly, all the apprehensions of why we had to move were gone. And instead of anticipation for my final year of high school, I was anticipating all that God wanted to do. And maybe my senior year wasn't everything I expected it to be. But, I can say that it was MORE than what I expected. God did what He wanted to do. And you know what? He used ME! God chose me, just like He chose you!
We all have a purpose, a calling. We just need to stop anticipating what we want, and be still. Let God speak to you. Let Him tell you what He wants to do. Trust me, it'll be more than what you were originally waiting for. God wants to use you. In big ways. When I was a little girl, I would look at my cousins and notice how God was moving in their lives. In my mind, it was impossible for Him to use me that way. But, God, even then...He was working on my behalf. Even when I wasn't recognizing Him. He rescued me from the dead life I was a victim to, and raised me up to be a leader. He came in and radically changed my life. And during this process, He radically changed other's lives through me! And that's nothing little. But why? Why did God choose me? Why did God use me? Because I have a PURPOSE. A higher calling. Just like you.
Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

1 comment:

  1. Susu- great story...great encouragement...great girl! looking forward to more of the story as God writes it on your heart and you walk it out. love you- aunt patty(carol)

    ReplyDelete