Friday, July 13, 2012

Living like Jesus

I want to be a light to this dark world.
I want people to see the love of God burning inside me.
I want to be like Jesus.

 A lot of times, I don't think we realize what we're truly saying when we let the words "I want to be like Jesus" come out of our mouths. It can't be something you just say. And it's not even something you just do. It's your whole life. Your whole life is gone. You lose it. Forever.
Here's something I wrote down last night.
These are my raw thoughts, straight from my heart.
 
I want to find my life in Jesus. I want my words to be soft and kind. I want people to see the love inside of me. I want to give to everyone and never have a harsh word. I want to be Jesus to this world. I want it! I know the sacrifice and the risk I run in saying that. I know it. It's not going to be easy and it's not a glorious lifestyle being like Jesus...but yet, it's the most glorious life we can have.
 
It's all I want my life to be.
God has changed my life so radically, that all I want to do in return is go out and let everyone know that He can do the same for them. I want people to realize how much they're loved.
I want to bring God's people back to Him.
And that's exactly what I'll do.
I am giving up my life to be like Jesus. Never looking back.



No comments:

Post a Comment