Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Secret Place

How many times a day are your thoughts conscious in the things of God? How often do you pray? The typical times? Before you go to bed and before meals? Yeah, sure that's fine...IF you want to be a normal christian. But God didn't call us to be "normal" christians. He called us to be supernatural in all the things we do. To operate in the Supernatural power of the One who loves us. 

The Bible tells us in 1 Peter  5:8, "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like  a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." We have an enemy. And he's out to kill, steal, and destroy us and everything we have become and everything we're striving for in Christ. If we're not alert and not watchful, guess who the devil is going to choose to devour? YOU. He looks for breaks and faults in our faith to get in and take over. We have to resist him. 1 Peter 5:9 goes on to say, "Resist him, standing firm in the faith." The Bible tells us the problem: the enemy is out to get us. But, the Bible also gives us the solution: stand firm in the faith and you will resist the enemy and all the bad works he brings. 

Recently,  I've been guilty. Of not giving God absolutely everything that I have. Trials are coming. And we have to be prepared. These trials are coming and if you let them, they will take everything from you. Everything you care about. We have to be ready. But, how do we get ready? Prayer. It's simple. So simple. Completely immersing yourself in the Word of God. Let Him talk to you and tell you who you are. He'll build you up, and He's the only one who can help you overcome these trials that you will face. I've made up my mind, I am going after God. With a fire in my heart that can't be burned out. I will do whatever it takes. I am no longer going to stand victim to the devil. No longer is he going to get in and distract me. My eyes are set on the Most High. 

So, do whatever it takes. Give everything you have. I want God to work in me. Spiritual growth is a never ending thing. There is always more room to grow. So, do everything you can. Give all your time over to God. He's calling our names. He wants to talk to us, and impart things into our lives that will make a lasting impression. Now, to me, that's more important than watching that show you recorded on TV last night. I'm not saying that it's going to be easy. Standing firm in faith never is an "easy" thing to do. But, when you do it...oh boy, there are rewards. 

In my life, for the past couple of weeks, I've been battling with a couple of things. And I haven't had peace about anything. It's been hard. It takes a toll on your everyday life. The devil was trying to make me feel completely isolated. Like I was all alone. For a little while, I felt as if I had no where to turn. That I was literally, alone. But, that's not the case. My God is with me. I don't have to be scared. I don't have to fear. Don't be scared to breakdown in front of God. He's the one that will make you whole again. 

Wherever you are, let God in. Spend time with God. He doesn't care where you are. But, find a secret place. A place where you go to just talk and spend time with God. Away from all the distractions that try to pull you away. Right now, I'm staying with a friend. And it's been especially hard to say no to all those distractions...and yes to God. But, last night I felt God pushing it on my heart to spend time with Him. So, where did i go? I went into her closet. I just cried out to God. He just wants the best for our lives. And we find out what that best is when we give Him our first. Give God everything. Wake up praising God, be conscious of Him throughout the day, and don't let your "free time" take you away. If we have free time, that's just more time that you have to spend with the One who gave everything for us.

I'm serious about this. So serious. Are you? I am going to let go of all the things that are holding me back. Hebrews 12 says, "Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance, the race marked out for us." I'm throwing off everything that hinders, no strings attached. We all have a calling, something we're striving for. Me? I'm going to be a missionary. I can't sit back and practice normal christianity. I have to be so deep in the Word and striving with all that is in me to reach God. I have big dreams, but God has bigger dreams. In order for me to reach any of these dreams. I have to put God first. And really, there is only a first place. God is the only thing that matters. Look to Him first, and all the other things will come. Just as they are supposed to. 

Do everything you can. Just give your whole heart, and everything that you are over to God. You'll see how the task of everyday life becomes easier. Make sacrifices. Wake up a little earlier to talk to Him. In everything you do, put God first. Because He put you first. If you tap into the love of God, it makes it hard to reject Him. You'll begin to realize just how much He gave, and you'll start to see the immense amount of love He has for us. 

Jeremiah 29:13,  "You will seek me and find me when you seek with your whole heart.
Jeremiah 31:3, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness."

No comments:

Post a Comment