Friday, August 13, 2010

A Gift.


Deep down in each one of us there is something special. Something unique and different. Something that no one else in the world has. Something that no one else in the world can do. It sounds pretty cool, doesn't it? You have a gift. Placed inside of you by God. He created us with such love and passion. He orchestrated each of us, one by one. 
When I was younger, I didn't think that I had anything special to offer the world. I was shy. I didn't like getting out of my comfort zone. Then, my life took a turn when I moved in with Mr. & Mrs. MacManamy. My aunt and uncle.  They are 2 of the most gifted people I know. They have a way of connecting to people that is beyond normality. It never ceases to amaze me; the things they do. The day I stepped into the Mac House was the day I stepped out of my comfort zone and into a journey that would change my life. I was being pushed, to my limits. Little by little, I began to step out more. Eventually I was leaving the country, going on missions trips, helping out at a worldwide children's convention. But you know what? I didn't feel confident in what I was doing until I discovered the gifts God had placed in me. And I didn't see those gifts until I abandoned myself and sought after Him. 
1 Timothy 4:14, "Do not neglect the gift that is in you."

1 comment:

  1. I was reading this one, and its one of my absolute favorites.
    It inspired one of my blogs. You are so talented and such an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete