Friday, November 5, 2010

I Wanna Be Used By You

You wanna know something? I’m not perfect. Not even close. I definitely have my flaws. I listen too much to what other people say about me. AND the worst part is that I care about what they’re saying about me. Just a few minutes ago I was breaking down in my heart because I listened to what others had to say. I felt a sense of betrayal. I felt trapped. Oh, here I am...in a foreign country...away from all my family and all my friends back home. What am I going to do? 
In the midst of my emotions, I knew I had 2 options. I could lay there and feel sorry for myself OR...I could get up right then and not let my emotions run my life. Guess which option I took? Immediately, God spoke to me, “Susanna...I’m here. I’m on your team.” I had to let Him take control completely over the situation. I had to let Him take my sorrow away. And you know what? He did. It’s all gone. 
God has a plan for each of our lives. I don’t know about you, but I am determined to give everything I am to live out that plan. There’s something that you need to be aware of though. We have an enemy. He’s out to distract us from the plan of God. One of the biggest ways He does that is with our emotions. When we get caught up in the way we feel...at that very moment, it’s like nothing else matters. We become completely focused on the situation...not even looking to THE solution. That’s what the devil was trying to do with me. He was trying to make me feel isolated, betrayed, all alone. And..honestly it was working. It was working until I realized this: The ONLY thing that matters is God’s opinion. I need to listen to what HIS voice is saying about me. When you know who you are in Jesus, that’s when God can really use you. Because you know who you are, and you’re not listening to other voices trying to figure yourself out. You already know! 
I wanna be used by Him. So, I will listen to His voice. I will know that He is for me. Know that He is for YOU! He’s on your side, He’s on your team. Let Him fight for you. Let Him take away your sorrow, your suffering, your heartaches. And let Him replace it with His never ending joy. It’ll be a decision that you’ll never regret. He loves you. So, let Him show you JUST how much.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go girl! So proud of who you are and the determined HEART that you exhibit. You are beautiful and amazing and you will fulfill ALL that He has designed for you. LOVE from Tia ;-)

    ReplyDelete