Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Changing Lives



As a student in the Bible School, Instituto Biblico: EnseƱanza de Agua Viva, I was given the chance to participate in the student campaign this past week. It's essentially the same as going on the summer youth campaigns that I've been going on the last 3 years. So, initially I wasn't super excited. But before I left someone told me, "Don't let your mindset be that it's just another campaign. Everyday think about what God is capable of doing. Look for the miracles!" This dramatically changed my thinking. I went on that campaign with faith expecting to see God move.

God certainly took control of everything during the week. We were able to present the drama 21 times in 3 days, and more than 1,500 people came to know Christ that week. I went on that campaign expecting to see God change lives, and He did. But what I didn't go expecting was that He would change mine too. Honestly, since I've moved to Guatemala God has opened my eyes and changed my heart and my thinking about many things. I didn’t think that He’d do it again, but He did. He used this campaign to shake up my world, again. He continually surprises me with His goodness.
The desires I have about changing the world are growing, and I never thought it was possible. But they’re growing in new ways. My mind is expanding and the dreams I have are getting bigger. Even though at the moment I don’t know what I’ll be doing in 2 years or even in 2 months, I’m not worried at all. God reminded me of how faithful He is. And how He loves a cheerful follower. So, I’ll be that. In the natural it looks irresponsible to not worry or be concerned. Even to some believers it looks wrong. But that’s not the case. I don’t need my 10 year plan ready at hand. I have it, and it’s God’s plan. What more do I need than to be so wrapped up in what God’s doing? Nothing. That’s it. God is good. That’s the plan I follow. That’s the story I’m telling.  
At the hospital in HueHue.


Giving my testimony & Leading the altar call prayer

At the orphanage in HueHue. These kiddos stole my heart!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment